BIDET INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
|The following are general instructions for the installation of all Imperial bidets unless otherwise indicated. Position the bidet with a minimum of 100mm clearance between the bidet and the wall to allow for tap and waste connection.|
Installation using mortar bed
- Remove tiling from beneath the foot of the bidet in its installed position.
- Using a 4:1 sand to cement mortar mix, fill the space to approximately 40mm depth. Do not use fast drying cement of lime in the mix as this may cause cracking in the foot of the bidet.
- Position the bidet ensuring that it is level in the bedding mixture, and that the outlet and the bidet connector make a perfect seal. Remove excess mortar and allow to set for 24 hours.
Installation using screw fixing
- Position the bidet and mark the position of the fixing holes. Ensure that the bidet is level.
- Remove the bidet and drill fixing holes to suit the fixing system to be used.
- Apply waterproof sealant to the foot of the bidet.
- Reposition the bidet ensuring that it is level and that the outlet and the bidet connector make a perfect seal.
- Fix in place with the fixing screws selected. Do not over tighten, Remove any excess sealant